Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dream

I had this dream the other night:

I was in the home of a former design client for some type of holiday or celebratory meal. He leans over to me and tells me conspiratorially that he is Jewish even though everyone thinks he's Irish.

At this point one of his young children is thought to be missing, and so everyone leaves the table and goes on the search except for me and I realize that I am drinking a large cardboard container of whipping cream (heavy). I am mortified to be in the process such a faux pas, and so quickly check the label on the back of the carton, and I find the periodic table listed there and somehow I am reassured that this is NOT whipping cream but 2% milk, so I'm not embarrassed anymore.

When everyone returns to the table I notice that in lieu of bread with dinner, this family serves pancakes, and I am spreading mayonnaise on mine-but it keeps melting and disappearing and so I keep spreading it thicker and thicker, and one of this man's aunts leans over to speak with me, but I don't want her to know I am putting mayo on my pancake...

...and then I woke up.

I found a dream interpretation website which tells me this:

To see or eat cream in your dream, indicates that you appreciate the minor and sweet things in life. It is symbolic of nurturance and richness.

To dream that you are drinking milk, signifies domestic bliss and inner nourishment. It may also imply your need to strengthen your ties and relationships with others.

To make or eat pancakes in your dream, represents gratification and pleasure in your current situation. It may also mean that take pleasure and comfort in your work.

To see or eat mayonnaise in your dream, represents disappointment in your waking life. It also indicates the occurrence of insults and disrespect in some situation or relationship.

There was nothing I could find that would indicate what secretly jewish dinner hosts might say about my mental and emotional well being.

2 comments:

GG said...

Cream, milk and mayo are all WHITE FOODS Betsey.

Auntie Yaya said...

But, Mom, Betsey wasn't SHARING any of that food. White food is totally OK, as long as no one else takes a bite.